Call on the best professionals for your oral surgery care
Dental surgery is a specialty of dentistry that involves surgical procedures to improve the health, appearance and function of the mouth, teeth and jaws. It can be performed by a dental surgeon. There are several types of dental surgery, including:
- Impacted tooth extractions, which include wisdom tooth extractions, involve the removal of teeth. Such extractions can be performed when a patient’s jaw is too small or when impacted teeth are decayed, infected or in the wrong position.
- Implant surgery, which includes the placement of implants or bone grafting, is an intervention to replace one or more missing teeth through the placement of dental implants, which serve as a support for crowns, bridges or dentures.
- Gum surgery corresponds to interventions aimed at treating gum problems. This type of surgery allows for example to treat the removal of gum tissue following periodontitis (when the accumulation of tartar under a tooth has caused a loss of gum tissue).
Dental surgery: make an appointment at our dental office in Nyon
Dental implant placement is a surgical procedure that replaces one or more missing teeth. The placement of a dental implant is a procedure that may require several steps:
- Implant placement: a dental implant is a small titanium screw that is implanted into the patient’s jawbone. This screw acts as a new root on which a new tooth (crown or prosthesis) will be fixed.
- Preparation of the jawbone: In some patients, a bone graft may be necessary if there is insufficient bone in the back of the jaw to accommodate the implant.
The duration and complexity of the procedure depends on the quality of the jawbone and the number of implants to be placed.
Recover a complete and natural dentition thanks to our dental implants.
Wisdom teeth extraction
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth, also known as third molars. These teeth are located at the back of the mouth and can be difficult to drill if they are tilted or if there is not enough room for them to come out properly.
Wisdom teeth extraction is usually performed by a dentist and can be done under general anesthesia, local anesthesia or sedation. The duration and complexity of the procedure depends on the number of teeth to be extracted and their position.
There are several reasons why a wisdom tooth may need to be extracted, including:
- The wisdom tooth is tilted or sticks out abnormally, which can cause problems with sucking, speaking or chewing.
- The wisdom tooth is infected or decayed and cannot be saved by conservative care.
- The wisdom tooth lacks room to emerge properly and can cause problems with the positioning of other teeth.
If you think you may need surgery, it is advisable to consult a qualified dentist to evaluate your case and suggest appropriate surgical options.